If you’re a woman, then chances are YOU ARE BUSY! Whether you are a stay at home mom, a career woman, or both, there’s lots for you to juggle in your life. From playing chauffeur to nursemaid, to chef, to dog walker, to loving wife and or mother, to being a tough businesswoman you’ve got quite a full plate! If you’re like me, some days you feel more like a frazzled Lucy from I love Lucy,
Than a happy-go-lucky, well groomed Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
But hey, don’t worry your pretty head another minute! You’ve got a job to do. And that job is to take care of YOU on valentine’s day. Sure, you can bake cookies for the kids and buy trinkets for your loved ones. But there is one thing you MUST do…set aside some time for YOU! You don’t have to be Paris Hilton to pamper yourself. Nor do you have to have a bank account as fat as Angelina Jolie in order to receive star treatment. You are special and you ARE a super star! So, stop what you are doing RIGHT now and plan your valentine’s day gift to yourself. What? You don’t know where to begin? Never fear, here are some suggestions to get you started.
1) Have a spa worthy bubble bath. There’s nothing more relaxing that a hot bubble bath. Pencil some time in your schedule. Turn off your phone and hang the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door. Light candles and turn on some relaxation music. You will feel relaxed and rejuvenated afterwards.
2) Have some quiet time to listen to relaxation music or read your favorite book.
3) Give yourself a manicure and pedicure. This can be fun and relaxing while saving you money.
4) Indulge in something you love! Chocolate, a glass of wine, or favorite snack. This is just for you so savor it and enjoy!
5) Read a magazine. A guilty pleasure for sure.
6) Celebrate you! Make a list of all the things you love about yourself. You will be amazed at how great you are.
7) Think about something you would love to do in the coming year and make a plan to make it happen. This could be a trip, an accomplishment, or a goal like running a marathon. It doesn’t matter what it is. The important thing is to focus on you and things that are important to YOU.
Plan a girls night out or weekend getaway. If you’re single, plan a fun night out with the girls for Valentine’s Day. Get dressed up and have fun! Or, plan a day or night out with a best girlfriend or several. Because we all need our girl time!
9) Buy yourself something special. You don’t have to break the bank or go hog wild. It can be something as simple as a silk scarf or new nail polish. Something pink or red to make you feel festive. I personally like my glamour goddess palette by Stila’s new collection with E! for the Red Carpet. It has loads of goodies from eye shadows to lip glaze. Best of all, it fits in my purse for quick touch ups.
10) Do something good for your body. Go for a brisk walk or jog. You will feel energized and beautiful.
Surround yourself with things you love. Light a nice smelling candle, add some fresh flowers to a room. Have things near you that make you happy like pictures or your kids, dogs, or favorite vacation spot. Keep the smile going.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the beautiful, wonderful women out there!
My Fashion Maven…Let us Dress You Up!
P.S. All of these items are available on our site. Go to “Shop My Fashion Maven”, “Love is in the air” and “Pamper Yourself”. Don’t forget, My Fashion Mavencan help you find the perfect ensemble for any occasion. Simply pick a fashion maven and submit your profile request. It really is that easy!