All About EDUN: Going Green for the Holidays

Tis the Season for giving AND giving back! With that in mind mfm is featuring EDUN brand clothing for the remainder of November.  There are two reasons for this: 1) we want to raise awareness for their cause (encouraging fair trade with Africa) and 2) we want to celebrate our friend Kristan who recently fulfilled a life-long dream and traveled to Africa.  Kristan, you are an inspiration!

About EDUN:

EDUN was founded five years ago by Bono (U2) and his wife, Ali Hewson .  Their main goal was to encourage fair trade in Africa and create jobs there.  Although this has not been easy, five years later, EDUN is flourishing and gaining momentum.  “The majority of Edun Apparel clothing – 80% of units manufactured – is made in Africa, specifically in Tunisia, Tanzania and Kenya, the remaining 20% is split between Peru and China.  Edun requires every factory to be audited by a third-party on an annual basis to ensure they follow our strict code of conduct.  We have built our Edun Live business solely in Africa and are committed to expanding production of our Edun fashion line – currently 15% African made – on the continent on a year to year basis.  Edun stands by the quality of our products made in Africa and are actively working towards increasing our capacity there.”

EDUN previewed its Spring 2011 Collection at NY Fashion week this past September.  In attendance were singer Gavin Rossdale and his too-cute son, Kingston.  Not bad company if you ask me!  So, who’s wearing EDUN?  Some celebs who have been spotted wearing the eco-friendly brand  include: Naomi Watts, Rihanna, Blake Lively, and Katie Holmes.  But don’t lose heart!  EDUN is reasonably priced so that regular folks can afford their duds.  Check out their website wwww.edun.com  for yourself.  Their clothes are surprisingly wearable and look super comfortable.

I especially LOVE the Bahari Bracelet $40.  These are very simple and unique and make great gifts for the holidays!  Speaking of the holidays, the perfect gift for yourself and all the fashionistas on your gift list is an EDUN t-shirt with our brand new My Fashion Maven logo.  Thanks to Sarah Buzzard for nailing it with the design!  I can’t wait to wear mine!  They are available on our website www.myfashionmaven.com on our homepage.  Get yours today!

I will keep you posted on the eco-fashion front!  I hope you have a peaceful, relaxing holiday season!

Angela

mfm

Leave a Comment

Filed under Companies Who Give Back

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>